Wednesday, July 16, 2008

1st Day Blogging






Welcome to the Schreiber family blogspot!  I was introduced to this site by a good friend who said I definitely needed to start blogging, so here we are.  My goal is to keep this site updated with photos and information about our family--activities, holidays, and even the everyday stuff that we forget as life goes on...I don't want to forget any of this, for myself and my children, and as everyone knows, left on my own, I'd remember NOTHING!  

So, here's a rundown of things that have happened in the past month and a half:  had baby girl on June 2, 2008, named her Sutton Elizabeth, spent 4th of July at Jon and Cathy's with Lara, Jesse, and Finn, and last weekend had a BBQ with family and friends.  

Sutton is amazing...what a wonder that just under two months ago, she was inside me.  It's almost impossible to comprehend.  She's a wonderful baby--she sleeps well, smiles a lot, and is generally the cutest thing ever (this is what I said about her for at least the first week she was home)!  She's not real active right now (come on, she's only 6 weeks old!), but she does some things that just make us laugh.  Sometimes, when she's eating, she'll make these huge grunting noises like she's a starved animal, and she'll cry ferociously when we take the bottle from her for just a second to try to burp her.  My dad read that when a baby smiles at her mother it's like a shot of cocaine...I haven't done any cocaine, but I can attest to the fact that I've never felt anything so intoxicating as when I'm cooing at her and she responds with a little toothless grin!

Needless to say, I'm loving being a mom--sometimes monotonous, but always a blessing!  

Jack is turning into Superdad.  I had quite a time with my recovery after Sutton was born (she was a pretty big baby), and he was phenomenal and continues to be wonderful--helpful, loving, caring, kind, understanding.  It's really amazing to watch him with Sutton.  Everyone changes with babies, and he's no exception.  I'd definitely say that he's smitten with Sutton!

So, that's the update for right now.  I'm hoping to start posting blogs about everyday stuff that we are doing...keep checking back for updates!


1 comment:

The Lindleys said...

YEA!!!! Welcome to the addictive world of blogging!! So glad you are giving it a try. Can't wait to continue to read your updates! ; )