Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Swimming with Sutton





This weekend Nonna and Pops came to stay with us, and we visited with Jack's Cousin Marshall's wife, Amy.  Amy, Marshall, Jack and I used to spend lots of Friday and Saturday nights playing games and listening to music.  Marshall, Amy and their kids all moved to NC, I believe, in late 2005 or early 2006.  We miss them, so it was really nice to visit with Amy.

On Saturday afternoon Jack and Jon played golf, and I headed to Sammy Branch's wedding with my friend Paige.  It was a really nice wedding, and the cake was AMAZING!  While I was at the wedding, Nonna watched Sutton, and she rolled over from her tummy to her back all by herself.  I knew she was a strong girl!

On Sunday, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's (my parents).  Jack and I left Sutton with them and went to the movies to see "The Dark Knight".  Jack and I liked it, but we agreed that we liked "Batman Begins" better.  It was kind of sad to see Heath Ledger, and I thought it even sadder that his last role was with him wearing so much make-up that you can barely recognize him.  On a happier note, Christian Bale is totally yummy!  Now, I was fan way before the mainstream moviegoers had even heard of him, so I'm not just jumping on the bandwagon.  Has anyone seen "Swing Kids"?  It was one of his early movies, and even though Thomas, his character, got corrupted by the Nazis, I didn't blame Christian!:)  Did you know that Robert Sean Leonard, Peter in "Swing Kids", is now Wilson on House?  Love him too!

Back to Sunday...after the movie, Jack and I took Sutton for her first swim.  She is so cute!  She has this little red and white striped bathing suit with a froggie and daisy on it.  SOOOOO adorable!  She was a trooper...I think she likes the water, or at least she wasn't screaming at the top of her lungs to get out.  We took a ton of pics, so check them out on the dropshots website.

Oh, and I started personal training yesterday--can't wait to feel fit again...too bad it won't happen before Kimba and Dillon's wedding on September 6th!  Jack has been doing some cardio at the gym, and I've started thinking that he's sick--he NEVER does cardio, he must be desperate.  I'm trying to get him to run the White Rock Half Marathon with me in December, but he's says he can't run long distances.  I told him that he could if he ran as slow as I do!!!  I think people walk faster than I run, but it got me through the Heels and Hills half in 2007.  We'll see how far we can take this fitness kick that we're on.  

No comments: