Friday, July 18, 2008

We're Wild and Crazy!

On Wednesday night, I met up with some of my high school friends at Blue Goose in Dallas.  Can I just say that I have the most wonderful group of friends?  I always have so much fun with them, and I really wish that I lived a little closer so getting together was easier for me.  There has been lots of excitement in this group the past year: Kelley had a baby boy, Kace, in March, I had Sutton on June 2nd, Melanie had Carter a week later, and Randa and Julie are expecting babies, Cooper and Addyson, respectively, in the next two months!  It has been awesome experiencing this with them!  

Last night we left Sutton with my parents for a sleepover.  No worries because, of course, my parents adore her.  I'm wondering when they'll start thinking we dump her on them.  Right now, she's such a novelty (and amazingly cute and wonderful), that they definitely don't mind.  For instance, next weekend we have Dillon and Kimba's shower and everyone in my family is invited.  This means that we'll have to find someone else to watch her for the evening.  When I mentioned this to my mom, she said that she could miss the shower and watch Sutton.  I told her that was ridiculous.  I mean she acted like she never gets to see her.  But, I guess that's how grandparents are...they just can't get enough of her!  And, thank goodness for that.  If they didn't want to be around her, I'd think they sucked!

Anyway, back to last night.  This was really the first time that we've gone out since Sutton was born, so it was a lot of fun.  I met Jack and some of his coworkers at Uncle Julio's for happy hour and dinner, and I had a great time.  However, after dinner, Jack mentions going to The Glass Cactus at the Gaylord, and I'm thinking I just want to go home and watch TV (I'm a really exciting person if you didn't already know).  Come on, Burn Notice came on, and I had Tori and Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood recorded too...who would choose going out over that excitement, huh?  Well, we ended up going to the sports bar at the Gaylord with Brett, Rebecca, Sean, and Ariana, and guess what?  I HAD A BLAST!  So, this is a lesson in doing stuff even when it may sound not-so-fun because if you're like me, you'll end up enjoying yourself!

Tonight, Pops and Nonna (aka Jon and Cathy, Jack's parents) are coming into town.  We have a family member from NC visiting Dallas and we're going to have lunch with her on Saturday, but I think Pops and Nonna may have another motive for coming in this weekend: Sutton withdrawal!  

2 comments:

Kelley said...

Sorry I wasn't there to be wild and crazy!!!! I agree that we are so blessed to have a special group of friends. It would be fine by me if you guys moved over this way, but you might upset some family! :0) Take care and I will talk with you soon!

Brandi said...

Hey Steff! Just wanted to let you know I'm reading! This is a great way to keep up with you guys. I have a blog too if you're interested, I have found it to be a great way to just keep up with life. I forget stuff all the time, but since I've been trying to write it down I have a much clearer picture of the last couple of years. Love you!